Sunday, April 12, 2009

What types of flowers or flowering plants do well growing in pots on a small patio?

I moved into my townhome last Feduary and it has a very small patio. It%26#039;s size is about 15x25 and it%26#039;s all concrete. I have some plants in pots that I have had for over 2 or 3 years but since I moved here they aren%26#039;t doing well. For example, my trumpet vine has not started blooming yet. last year it blooomed all summer and winter. My geraniums are pale and then turn yellow and dropping the leaves. Some are getting hollow and dark like if they are rotting. I don%26#039;t want to lose them, I inherited them from my dear grandmother.
Say
FlowersBirthday FlowersSympathy FlowersAfrican violet. Just beautiful and easy to care. you can plant it in a small pots.
Reply:Since you say that you have had these plants for over 2 years and they were doing fine before you moved, let me first assume, (and yes, I know what assume means) that you know over-watering is the typical cause of the malady you are describing, however there are other causes as well. Are the plants getting the same amount of sunlight as before? Are the plants getting the same type of sunlight, IE. morning light as opposed to afternoon light. Are they exposed to the same temperature as before? If you answer yes to all of these queries, then you may have run afoul of a disease that will shortly kill your plants. If the plants previously had an open air environment and are now entirely in an air-conditioned space, or vice verse, then they may be experiencing a %26#039;shock%26#039; to their system. Other than these ideas, I have no idea why you are having your difficulties. On the other part of your question, Impatiens, coleus, often times hibiscus and many other plants can flourish indoors, however, if you have cats, please don%26#039;t bring in a diffenbachia, for they are poison to animals and cats will actually eat them and die. Best of luck to you.affiliate reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment